For the submission of your abstract, please follow the guidelines given below:
- Only original research can be submitted for oral and poster presentations.
- Your abstract must be written in English and is limited to 300 words.
- It must include one title (< 20 words).
- It must be assigned to one of the conference topics.
- It can be accompanied by up to 2 references.
- Your abstract must be divided into the following sections: Background, Methods, Results and, finally, conclusions.
- You can submit multiple abstracts.
- Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to register, attend the conference, and present the research.
- Accepted abstracts must be presented in person and in English.
- Authors are encouraged to summarize the key findings of their abstract in a video message (100 seconds; 20 MB) which can be uploaded during the abstract submission. Video messages of accepted abstracts will be included in the EMCHD 2024 conference App.
- Only abstracts accepted as posters can be presented during the poster sessions.
Upon successful submission, an acknowledgment email will be automatically generated and sent to the author, confirming that the abstract has been correctly uploaded. The presenting author (oral or poster sessions) must register and pay the congress fees to attend the conference.
All abstracts undergo peer-review by the ECN board.
All abstracts accepted for oral or poster presentation will be included in a Supplement to be published in the European Journal of Immunology (EJI). Please indicate on the abstract submission form if you concur with the publication of your abstract in EJI.
Abstract Topics of EMCHD 2024 are:
• Complement activation and regulation
• Complement crosstalk
• Complement diagnostic and biomarkers
• Complement genetics
• Complement in infection
• Complement in non-communicable diseases
• Complement structure and function
• Complement targeting in the clinic
• Emerging and other topics
• Intracellular complement functions
• Preclinical models of complement-related diseases
• Function and targeting of the anaphylatoxins and their receptors
April 30, 2024
June 30, 2024
Notifications of Acceptance